Trip to Washington DC, Frankfurt, and Switzerland
We spent the days from July 4th to July 8th in Washington DC with Jenny's parents, siblings and families, and with Laura and Andrew, Rob, Carolyn, Kip, Lainey, Evelyn, Nora, Mary, and Hannah
Here are a few fun pictures of the family reunion --
Here are a few fun pictures of the family reunion --
And, yes, we visited with Uncle Max at a Greek Restaurant. It was good to see him.
Then Larry and I flew to Frankfurt for his week of teaching Star Alliance. At the end of the week, we had two days of fun in Switzerland. Our first day was spent on Jungfrau Pass between the Jungfrau and Monch Peaks, which are as tall as the Tetons and covered in glaciers.
Lake Zurich
Lion monument in Lucerne by Thorvaldsen
Church of the Jesuits in Lucerne built in 1534
Surrounded by glaciers on a suspension bridge
On the glacier between Jungfrau and Monch
In a huge ice cave/palace
The ski lift to the top of Mount Titlis
We heard cowbells ringing all day long
On the cogwheel train up the Jungfrau
More of the ice palace
Comments
I love the picture of Mom with the cows. If only they understood how much she loves them. :) (Maybe they do?)
What a special trip. I'm so glad that we had it together.
Carolyn, I'm thinking the bathtub picture should be on your christmas card this year ;)
Did you guys visit Uncle Max??