Disney cruise

This past week, my Dad, Josh, Bob, Paul, and I went on a Disney cruise for Paul's senior year vacation. It was amazing. On the boat they have Pinocchio's Pizzeria which serves you pizza whenever you want it, Pluto's Doghouse which serves hamburgers and hot dogs and stuff like that, Goofy's Galley which serves fresh fruit, paninis, and wraps, and also a soft serve ice cream place and a beverage station. For dinner, you're assigned to a different restaurant every night: they have Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay (pronounced key), and Lumiere's. At Animator's Palate, everything is in black and white but there are pictures of Disney characters on the walls that turn into color and change during the meal. At Parrot Cay, they play Caribbean music and at Lumiere's, they have pictures from Beauty and the Beast on the wall, and fake roses in the chandelier and stuff like that. The food is very fancy and delicious, especially the dessert! We had the same two waiters the whole time: Tirso and Aditya. They were really nice and funny. On the boat, there are three pools: the family one (Goofy's pool), the kids one (Mickey's pool) and the adult one (for people 18 years old and up). The family pool was always really crowded. You couldn't even move an inch without getting kicked or splashed. :) The first few days of the cruise, the comedians were John Charles and Alfred and Seymour. Then those guys flew out, and Michael Harrison (a ventriloquist and comedian) and Randy Cabral (juggler and comedian) flew in. They were all hilarious. Disney also put on little plays for us that were as good as a Broadway one! The entertainment was amazing. The boat stopped in Key West, the Cayman islands, Cozumel Mexico, and Disney's island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay! All the pictures are in random order, so I apologize.
Here's Paul's birthday cake that we got on our last night:
Here's all of us at dinner one night:
Here's Josh and my Dad on Pirates IN the Caribbean night:
Here's Paul in the ocean at the Cayman Islands:
Here's Josh, Paul, and me in the hot tub:
Here's Josh and Dad in the beach at Castaway Cay:
Here's a picture of our stateroom:
Here's me and Josh with Minnie Mouse at our first breakfast on the ship at Parrot Cay:
Here's a picture of our waiters, Tirso and Aditya:
Here's Paul and Josh in their snorkeling gear on Castaway Cay (which was on our last day):Here's Bob and Paul in napkin hats that Tirso made on our first morning on the ship when we ate at Parrot Cay:
The guy who cleaned up our room and everything made an animal out of towels every night. This is a monkey:
At the buffets and stuff, they carved fruit and bread and stuff to make it look beautiful, so I took a picture of a carved watermelon:

This is a picture I took off our veranda because I thought the color of the water was SO beautiful:This is a picture of our cruise boat:Here's Josh and Dad making a sandcastle at the Cayman Islands: Also at the Mayan ruins, they had giant lizards everywhere. Here's a picture of one:Here's Paul, Bob, Dad, and Josh in front of a Mayan ruin the day we went to Cozumel, Mexico:

It was a great vacation and again, I'm sorry that all the pictures are out of order.

Comments

Carolyn said…
Wow, what an awesome trip! Disney cruises are the best. I love all the good food and fun things to do. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Amy, you do a fantastic job blogging about all of this! You are so cute.

I love you all and I'm glad you're home!
Snidbits said…
I hope its ok that we keep up on you guys through your blog...we just love your family! Looks like a lot of fun!
Luke and Sherilyn
Maria said…
Amy, what a great post! I love the pictures you took. The carved watermelon looks unreal. We should try that sometime! :)
AM92 said…
I was looking for Disney Cruise reviews by people and I found your family. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. We just got off the ship from our third Disney cruise yesterday. Last year we had Aditya, or Adi as we affectionately called him, and Tirso was our server this past week. Hope you guys had as much fun with them as we did.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's braces

Trip to West Virginia, Maryland, and Virginia

Yellowstone & Teton