Our trip to Massachusetts

For spring break, we flew down to Franklin, Massachusetts to see Carolyn, Kip, Lainey, and Evelyn as well as my Uncle Stuart and his four kids Austen, Samantha, Matt and Lizzy. We got a rental car and drove down to my Uncle Stu's house where Carolyn and her family live also. Josh, my dad and I stayed in a hotel while my mom shared Lainey's room.We ate beef tacos for dinner and went to Cold Stone for dessert. Lainey begged to go swimming, so we went to our hotel pool after ice cream.
The next day, Austen, Samantha and Matt had school, so we stayed at their house all day with Carolyn, Lainey, Evie, and Lizzy. We played outside for a while because the weather was beautiful.
My cousin Samantha holding Evie on the swings:
My cousin Lizzy:

Later that day, my mom and I went shopping at Old Navy. She got some jeans and I got a sweater and a hand bag. Right after that, we swam in the pool again. For dinner that night we ordered Dominos pizza and a veggie tray. We then went to Ficco's Bowladrome for candlepin bowling. It was a very unique experience because the balls were really small and the pins were different too.

After that we went to an ice cream shop. It was really tasty. Then we went home and Josh and I watched American Idol with Austen and Samantha. On Wednesday, we swam again and ate McDonald's for lunch. The kids loved the Play Place. For dinner, we ate at The Olive Garden. It was delicious. Again that night, we watched American Idol with our cousins. That night, Lainey and Evie took a bath and when they came down, I took a picture of Evie. Her smile was adorable in the picture, so here it is:

On Thursday, Carolyn, Kip, Lainey, Evie, my parents, Josh and I drove down to Boston to see some historical things like Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church. The parking cost a lot and we didn't stay very long because we didn't end up finding his house.
Here's my dad, Josh, Lainey and Evie in front of the Old North Church:
Here's a statue of Paul Revere:


After seeing the history, we went to the Boston Children Museum. It was really cool. It was three floors of all kinds of activities for kids. Here are lots of pictures:

                                               

There was a room with saws and tools that actually cut through wood! Carolyn and I thought it was crazy. That's just a recipe for disaster. There are little kids at the museum, and they should not be playing with saws. :)
There was a cool room with a green screen where you could stand and it would show you on the TV in front of the Arthur show.

That night, we ate at Legal Seafood. They had a ten pound lobster there that was HUGE! Someone ended up buying it for about $200. I don't like seafood, so I got chicken which was really good. After we ate, we started walking out the door when we realized Evie was chewing on a bread roll. We started laughing after we discovered that none of us had given it to her and she had snuck it off the table. She's too cute.

That night, we went swimming with everyone for the last time. We had to say all our goodbyes to our cousins and Uncle Stu and Carolyn's family. The trip seemed too short. :( I thought Evie and Lainey looked darling in their pajamas, so here are some pictures of them:

We flew on an airplane back to Denver on Friday morning, then we drove to Laramie from Denver. It was a fabulous trip and I loved every minute of it! It was great to spend time with everybody.

Comments

Carolyn said…
It was such a great time. We're SO grateful that you guys came! We miss you all and it definitely helped relieve some of my homesickness to spend four days with you.

I love our family!

Awesome post, Amy. You are a great blogger!

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's braces

Trip to West Virginia, Maryland, and Virginia

Yellowstone & Teton