Amy's graduation

On Thursday, May 30, was the senior breakfast. I (Amy) was honored for being awarded the National Merit BYU scholarship, which pays for my full tuition for 4 years. I also somehow managed to earn an award for being an outstanding science student, which was unexpected considering that I haven't taken any of the advanced science classes! Anyway, that night I graduated from seminary. We didn't take any pictures, but I played the piano for the opening song and for a musical number performed by my class, "Consider the Lilies." On Friday, May 31, I graduated from high school! The ceremony was at the Arena Auditorium and afterwards I went to project graduation with my friends until 4 am. There was great food, music, games, a magician, a hypnotist, and awesome prizes! Sadly, I did not win the car, but I did get $50 in cash and a $50 gift certificate for Nu 2 U, a secondhand clothing store here in Laramie. It was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted and slept until noon the next day. On Saturday, we had a family barbecue to celebrate, with Dad's famous barbecue chicken. It was delicious!

Here are a bunch of pictures from high school graduation:




 Me and my best friend Jojo:

 Me, Jessica, Jojo, Natalie:
 Me with my other best friend Teagan:
 My two best friends!
 Me with my graduation cake:
 My whole group of friends:)
 And me (with some cool Photoshop effects;)
It is a crazy feeling to know that I am done with high school forever! High school was a great experience for me overall, but I am definitely looking forward to the changes and improvements that college will bring next year. Thanks to my family for making my graduation so special! :)

Comments

Laura said…
Congratulations, Amy!! You are such a special gal, and I am so proud of you. Best to you on your next step in life - I'll be here for you through it all, wherever life may take you :)
Bob Weatherford said…
Amy, you are awesome! Congratulations on being done with high school (and for being an outstanding science student! Ha ha!)I'm so proud of you for having such amazing academic success and for being such a good person. And you look gorgeous in all of your photos!

Graduating high school is such an intense moment of life. I still remember mine so well. I was so nervous and excited to be separated from the people that I had spent all of my life with ever since 7th grade. It all turns out okay, and college frickin' rocks! Watch out, BYU! Amy is on her way.

I love you, babe.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's braces

Yellowstone & Teton

Trip to Washington DC, Frankfurt, and Switzerland